The Quality Policy of the Faculty of Philology and Translations emphasises the students, and the teaching and administrative staff satisfaction, as they are key members of the centre. In this sense, the new quality policy is mainly aimed to reach the fulfilment of the educational expectations of the graduated students and their recognition on the academic, professional and social areas. It also aims to meet the teaching staff’s demands in terms of effective management of the quality procedures.
To achieve this, there is a commitment of using all the available human and material resources within the following of the fulfilment of the current regulation, following the criteria and the established guidelines. Hereby are the following general guidelines of the centre quality policy:
- To keep an education offer in tune with the needs and expectations of the society, in order to consolidate high quality levels in the degrees, without renouncing the academic foundations of universality based on the development of knowledge of critical spirit, of analytical and reflection capacities.
- To effectively mediate between the stakeholders in the centre, specially between students and teaching staff, in order to improve the teaching and to achieve the satisfaction in both groups.
- To achieve the quality goals yearly established by the centre, associated to the academic indicators.
- To facilitate the management of the quality and continuous improvement procedures of the academic staff, the administrative and service staff and of the students.
- To ensure the implementation, development and monitoring of the Quality Guarantee System and the processes linked to the quality which affect the centre and its degrees.
- To ensure a teaching, research, management and knowledge transfer with gender perspective to remove the barriers which prevent a real equality between women and men.
- To ensure a teaching, researching, management and knowledge transference which take into account the functional diversity to remove the barriers which prevent a real equality for people with special needs.
- To achieve a permanent commitment to the continuous improvement, and to propose and carry out the necessary actions for the maintenance and improvement of the centre.